5 AMAZING ARIZONA TRIVIA FACTS
1. Did you know that cutting down an endangered cactus in Arizona is illegal? In fact, you could face up to one year in prison. And believe me when I tell you, some people have learned this lesson the hard way.
2. The most famous gunfight in the American OldWest only lasted about :30sec. Do you know which gunfight that was?It all went down on October 26th, 1881 in Tombstone, AZ. It was a showdown between the outlaw Tom Mclaury and brother Frank. Want to catch a live reenactment? Visit Tombstone, AZ
3. Hey, Tequila lover. Bet you can’t guess where the first barrel of your favorite liquor came from? Have you heard of Nogales, AZ? It’s a little border town connected to Nogales, Sonora. Back in 1936, your boys at San Andres Distillery put out the very first barrel of Tequila in the United States. Cheers to you, Nogales.
TWO MORE ARIZONA TRIVIA FACTS TO BLOW YOUR MIND!
4. Did you know that Some of the most famous and iconic movies were partly filmed right here in AZ? The next time you watch Casablanca, Indiana Jones or Star Wars, see if anything looks familiar. Also, “Planet of the Apes,” “Natural Born Killers” and “Wayne’s World” were also filmed in AZ.
5. How would you like to spend the night 22 stories underground? If you’re not the claustrophobic type, this could be the perfect get-away. There’s a hotel at the Grand Canyon Caverns Inn, in Peach Springs, AZ, that will let you do so for a few hundred dollars a night. Up for the challenge?
Did you enjoy these awesome Arizona trivia facts? At the very least, we hope you learned something new.
Come out for a kick-ass game of Jack Trivia. We invite you to join Kid Corona for several rounds of pure entertainment. Find a location near you.