If you are planning a trip to Az, you must check out these 7 Fascinating facts About Arizona. Because we think the video is a lot more fun, you can watch below. Or, you can read on. The choice is yours. And, while you are here, make sure to come out and see us.
1. BEDROCK – This is a must see. Take a trip back to the Stone Age and hook up with the Flintstones. It’s a small park that resembles the cartoon series. It’s around the corner from the Grand Canyon. The perfect pit stop before or after your visit.
2. PONDEROSA RANCH – Do you remember the tv show Bonanza? Lorne Green, who played Ben Cartright, built a replica of the ponderosa in Mesa, AZ. The second you walk in, you’ll feel like you walked on to the set. And, if you’re a fan of the show, this will be a trip worth making. Make sure to call ahead first.
3. FAMOUS GUNFIGHT – The most famous gunfight in the American Old West only lasted about :30sec. It happened on October 26th, 1881 at the OK Corral in Tombstone, AZ.
4. HOTTEST TEMPERATURE EVER RECORDED – 128 degrees is the hottest temp ever recorded in AZ. Sounds about right. Maybe you should skip AZ in the summer. Go hit the beach instead. See you in November
AND THE FACTS KEEP COMING
5. SPEND THE NIGHT UNDERGROUND – How would you like to spend the night 22 stories underground? There’s a hotel at the Grand Canyon Caverns Inn, in Peach Springs, AZ. They will let you stay for a few hundred dollars a night.
But, here’s the question: Are you up for the challenge?
6. LOVE TEQUILA? – Can you guess where the first barrel of your favorite liquor came from? Check out Nogales, AZ. It’s a little border town connected to Nogales, Sonora. So, back in 1936, the San Andres Distillery put out the very first barrel of Tequila in the United States.
7. HOLLYWOOD IN AZ? – Some of the most famous and iconic movies were partly filmed around Arizona. Can you guess which ones? For a mind blowing experience, take a look at the video above.