We love our movies and we love to quote them. But, how many are you misquoting? As hard as it is to believe, many times we end up misquoting our favorite films. Therefore today, we bring you 7 movie quotes you got wrong for a chance to correct. Enjoy!
7. Do you know what Darth Vader actually says to Luke Skywalker? One of the most quotable movies (and most get it wrong every May 4th) is the Star Wars scene with Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. The majority of people, including fans, always say “Luke, I am your father”. Unfortunately, that is incorrect. The actual quote is “No, I am your father”. I bet you now have Darth Vaders voice in your head, don’t ya?
6. Who doesn’t put Baby in a corner? Nobody! As simple as this quote is, it’s unbelievable that people still get it wrong. Seriously! A lot of people say “Nobody puts baby in THE corner” Say what!? My friend, the correct quote is “Nobody puts baby in A corner”. Don’t believe me? Go watch the movie. Oh, like you weren’t planning on doing so after reading this.
5. Do you feel lucky, punk? Not gonna lie. I got this one wrong for years! It wasn’t until 2 years ago that I realized just how wrong I was. But, I don’t feel too bad being that just about everyone gets this quote wrong. So, are you ready for the right quote? Here it is: “Being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: ‘Do I feel lucky?’ Well, do ya, punk?” Boom!
4. Ever watch the classic movie Casablanca? I watched it for the first time in 2018. I always thought the quote was “Play it again, Sam”. Of course, that’s also because I had never seen the movie and only heard people quoting it. As I was watching the movie for the very first time, I was anxiously waiting for that quote to come on. To my surprise, it was not even close to what everyone says! lol. I was very disappointed. The actual quote is “Play it, Sam. Play ‘As Time Goes By’.” That is NOWHERE near “Play it again, Sam”! WTH!
3. Mirror, mirror on the wall? Here’s another highly misquoted movie line. This time, from the famous Disney movie Snow White. The crazy part is, most have been saying it wrong since they were kids. What we say: “Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?” The actual line is: “Magic mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?” This changes my entire childhood!
2. Clarice! Another movie quote I’ve been saying wrong for years! Ugh! Most people, including myself, have been saying: “Hello, Clarice” you know, from Silence of The Lambs? Well, my fine feathered friend, the actual line is: “Good evening, Clarice”. Off by one darn word, gees!
1. I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore, Toto. How in the world do we twist around these movie lines so bad? And instead of verifying, we all go with it and spread like wildfire. We are seriously the worst movie people ever haha. Ok, the actual line is: “Toto, I have a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.” You’re welcome!
That’s it! 7 movie quotes you got wrong and now you can correct. Please, let’s help each other out here. From this moment on, never misquote these movies again. And, when you hear someone say it wrong, make sure you instantly correct them. Listen, at the end of the day, you’ll just sound smarter and more informed.
Are you coming out for trivia night? Find a location near you and join Kid Corona for some awesome good times and killer prizes. I can guarantee you this; You will have a damn good time! See you soon.